SNAP! Weekend Workshop, Banff National Park – Oct 27-30, 2011
If you’re ready to learn about photography in an intensive long weekend workshop (Thursday through Sunday) under the guidance of top instructors John Marriott, Samantha Chrysanthou and yours truly, then this weekend workshop might just be the ticket. Check out what is on offer:
- We’ve got gear for you to try out! That’s right – Sigma Canada is bringing lenses for us to play with in the field to see if any of the lenses fit your shooting style and budget. We are also working on getting some other sweet goodies to play with so stay tuned!
- You get 7 hours of classroom instruction where we cover lens choice, filters, composition and design, camera controls and other topics. All three instructors are there for your burning photography questions. You can also network with your fellow shooters and get the inside scoop from industry leaders.
- You get over 20 hours to practice your skills in the field in the world class scenery of Banff National Park, Alberta. Being able to practice what you learn immediately after a class room session is a powerful reinforcement for new skills. And best of all your instructors are always there to help you with any problems or questions in the field.
- You benefit from instructor critiques of your images both in-class and in the field. A low student-instructor ratio (only 24 students!) ensures you aren’t competing with your fellow participants for help or assistance with any questions you may have at any time.
- Did I mention the lodgings yet? Last year’s participants raved about the quality of the food at Baker Creek Bistro and the comfort of the accommodations at the Baker Creek Chalets. Our price includes meals and room and board, so there are no hidden fees to calculate and no extra work in booking your spot. Bring your spouse — give him or her a vacation with our incredibly low special spouse rate!
- We always bring plenty of prizes to give away during the workshop. We have a $250 gift certificate from our sponsor, The Camera Store for the first person to register (sorry, taken!) and a personal portfolio review by John, Samantha and me for the 7th person. (Can’t reveal if this one is taken yet…). Plus there are always more goodies given away during the weekend.
To learn more about this fun event go to our SNAP! Photography website where you can download the information PDF for a schedule and prices. If you have any questions about this event please email us at email@example.com